The Pass Beer Company is seeking a full time Assistant Brewer to join our growing team in the Crowsnest Pass!
The Assistant Brewer is responsible for brewing, cellaring and packaging beer produced on site. We focus on the taproom experience instead of meeting production numbers which provides flexibility in what we brew. We also offer a fun and rewarding work environment located in one of Alberta’s best playgrounds. Progression to the role of Head Brewer is expected in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Brew beer independently or as part of a team. Assist with milling, mashing, lautering, wort boiling, cooling and transferring to fermenters.
- Clean tanks, brewhouse, kegs and other equipment as needed.
- Transfer beer from fermenters to serving tanks independently.
- Perform cellar work such as tank sampling, filling kegs, dry hopping beers and harvesting yeast.
- Run the packaging line and ensure cans are properly filled and labelled.
- Be responsible for maintaining all required paperwork and records such as brew logs, lot tracking, packaging records and recipe sheets.
- Perform preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Support the taproom staff by moving and organizing cans and kegs, cleaning draft lines, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in a cellar, packaging or brewing role is essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify problems, troubleshoot issues and implement solutions.
- Passion for craft beer.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org